Saturday, October 27, 2007

The Vampires Are Early This Year

Wow. I can't believe it's finally October 27th. That means that the blood drive that I've been coordinating for the last two months is finally over... I've learned that trying to get people to donate a pint of blood is like asking them to give a pint of their blood...wait a minute... Sign-ups, taking appointments, reminder calls, having a cookie decorating station for kids, and giving a pint of my own is more than I thought it would be. But we made our goal of 25 units and, hey, free t-shirt...

While I was with my friends from the American Red Cross, Davis got to hang out at a kids Halloween extravaganza. He was happy as long as they let him do what he wanted to, which was never. But he sure looked cute. He's a monkey if you can't tell...

4 comments:

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

And the cutest monkey I have ever seen!! What a face. And why would "they" not let my grandson do whatever he wanted to? Hmmm.
congratulations on a well organized and fun blood drive. Is that an oxymoron? Fun blood drive? I have given blood many times and I never got to decorate cookies.....

CL/Dad said...

Congratulations on making your goal. You truly do give of yourself when you ask and give blood. Everyone who helped is thanked. Now, if we could just get a certain monkey to behave for Halloween.

Unknown said...

way to go Jenny! so glad the drive is over...if only I could've donated all the blood I've given of late :)

Happy Haunting Day to you!

Amy said...

hello! i got your link from aubre barhart's blog! i have now entered the blogging world! ours is bakerhouseoffun-so check it out sometime! you have the cutest little monkey! amy baker