Thursday, November 8, 2007

I'm still not a little bit country...

But Garth Brooks puts on an amazing show. Beautiful, adventurous Miranda flew in from Florida for 24 hours to see cowboy Garth and his awesome live performance. Of course, this does mean that I am open to all kinds of scrutiny from country fans and country haters alike, but that's OK. There were a lot of cowboy hats, boots and twangs. But the Wranglers were the most interesting part. Some people should not wear these second-skin pants, it's a privilege not a right. Fun fact: Wranglers aren't just Wranglers 'cause they're tight - they actually don't have a seam on the inside so as not to chafe the wearer while riding horses, mechanical bulls, fences, etc,. But Miranda and I saw no horses or mechanical bulls parked outside the concert so I'm thinking Wranglers were worn for the "tight" aspect. The closest Miranda and I came to "cowgirling" up was the twang. It was like being around someone from London, eventually you take on a little British accent.

This brings up the topic that Kansas City has a new venue that just about everybody is coming to - Billy Joel, Dancing with the Stars Tour, Elton John, the Blue Man Group... So, if you find yourself with nothing to do and a hankering for some entertainment, you are welcome to come stay with us. Yes, we're talking to you Hannah Montana fans.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think I'll come to see the blue man group= maybe just the veggie tales with davis tour!

This Is Our Heaven.... said...

how fun! I must admit that I have never been to a concert. Wait, I lied. I went to a Neil Diamond concert once (HAHA, sad, huh? My dad was a huge fan)