Saturday, February 16, 2008

I would post this in 3D, if I could

I took Eric to U2 3D at the IMAX theater for Valentine's Day Eve and, if you know Eric, that is the most romantic thing I could ever do next to taking him to #2 an actual U2 concert #1 Bono's secret rock star lair for a private concert. Combined, Eric and I have been to 3 U2 concerts, just never together. Walking into the theater a little late was like flashes of science fiction - the light of the massive screen reflecting off 3D glasses, everyone staring straight ahead brainwashed into thinking The Edge's 20 ft "axe" was going to land on their laps. It was awesome, if you get the chance. If my life were in movie format, I would pick U2's music for my soundtrack. But my life would have to be a lot more interesting to be in movie format. Right now it's kinda like the movie Groundhog Day for a stay-at-home mom. I guess that movie would be called Mother's Day, without the perks of the holiday but the bonus of feeling recognized once a year.

Anyway, to kick the romance up a notch at the "concert," I brought along some bottled IBC root beer (outside beverage, I know). Not so conspicuous, especially if the cup holders are almost bottomless and everyone thinks you're tipsy-clumsy. From now on we'll just save the IBC for other romantic settings. On the way home we were discussing what would have happened if my bottle had exploded, like in the beer commercial. You know, the one where the guys take the bottles of beer to the opera and they burst when the super-soprano hits that note...
Jenny - "What note is that?" (followed by trial high note)
Eric - "I think it's a high note, but also it has to be sustained for a while in order to actually crack glass..."
Jenny - (holding bottle up, longer trial high note)
Eric - "I don't-"
Jenny - (more trial high notes)
Eric - "-think you're gonna-"
Jenny - (even higher, longer trial high note)
Eric - "get there. Sometimes your voice hurts my ears."

silence

Jenny - (more trial high notes)
Eric - "Whoa, hey, I think I misspoke. It must be short, low notes..." (demonstrates, bass "eh")
That's love.

8 comments:

Mary said...

You were cracking me up! You also made me want to go to the store and get some IBC root beer.

The Wehrmeister's said...

That made me laugh. Thank you. Oh and next year I think when we decorate for you we will sign our names instead... It's time we finally get the credit we deserve.

Unknown said...

You could make a trip to the market into an adventure! Oh that's right...it IS an adventure! You must keep writing...my sanity depends upon it! By the way...what a stud! "Heir shhosher, send se shosh instructor? Ich muss fussshushen mit meir. Und, my ihr hanz er zo grossen...Ich lieb du!" Zo much fer mine pigeon Deutch... you get the idea. Love you...Jo...Grammy to the shoosh instructor!

Sean and Jeannette said...

I'm pretty sure if Sean was anywhere near that IBC bottle, he could do some serious damage. If only I could have heard your Mariah Carey notes! Why have you hidden such singing talent from me?!?! Didn't our occassional 45-50 minutes on the ellipticals ever deserve a high-pitched pain screech???

Candi said...

Jenny, you just crack me up. I love when you post your conversations with Eric (or anyone else, for that matter). The only thing missing that I'd love to know? Your inner monologue. Now that would be a treat. BTW-I went to mindfloss.com and it's temporarily down. :( I'll have to check in some other time. Later!

Holly said...

Hey maybe you just need a professional to make the root BEER bottle explode. May I offer my services some time?

Roberto said...

This comment is on mom's (Jo) comment. "pigeon deutch"? is that like pig latin?

Dani said...

You guys are so awesome. And so funny. And I love how great you are together. :)