Thursday, April 3, 2008

Before Breakfast

Jenny - (Greco-Roman diaper changing Davis) I think I found a solution to our mail problem.
Eric - (popping head out of pantry) What? I didn't hear you.
Jenny - (speaking louder since Davis is yelling) I think I found a solution to our mail problem.
Eric - What male problem? (re-entering pantry)
Jenny - (not seeing Eric re-enter pantry, pointing toward piled mail) OUR mail problem.
Eric - (from inside pantry) I wasn't aware we had a male problem. Are we talking about me or Davis?

This was before breakfast so I guess the 8 hours of fasting was keeping us from the almost telepathic communication Eric and I usually have. But if you're wondering what my new favorite cereal is, it's Oatmeal Squares. And, yes, it is sold at Costco. It stays crunchy for a long time and it'll keep your colon rollin'. I could probably eat cold cereal 3 meals a day, and that's no exaggeration. But I don't want to create "male" problems in our house, so I make meals with some of the other foods groups. I usually get the hint from Eric when we go to a friend's house for dinner and he says, "we should have that more often."

13 comments:

Heistermanfamily said...

It's so nice to hear that others communicate like Rob and I do! I'll have to give Austin some of the oatmeal square's to see if I can get his colon rollin! I miss you guys!

The Wehrmeister's said...

That is my favorite cereal too. I find that I am able to start eating, put it down, come back 10 minutes later (after chasing the kids) and it still isn't soggy. Wouldn't that make a great commercial for the cereal.

Anonymous said...

So what exactly is the solution to your "mail" problem?
~Sara

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

yes, tell us about the mail. It must be a really slow week if two of us are dying to know!

StephanieB said...

Where can I sign you up for your own reality show? And FYI, your good looking mug is on my blog, your 16 pound accessory really completes your look :).

Unknown said...

guess what breakfast cereal I just consumed? It is "our" new fav too :) If you do have male problems, make sure you eat some first :)

aLi said...

I'll have to try this colon rollin' cereal. I'm tired of rice krispies and corn flakes and cheerios.

Kimberly said...

Hey Jenny, I found your blog via someones and I love your picture of Davis in his suit. I must of missed him that day at church. It sounds like you guys are big costco fans, we are too.

Josh said...

Eric and Jenny,

This is Josh Aston from Burley, ID. I just wanted to say whats up. I came across your blog throught Jerry and Mandy Taylors blog. What are you guys up to? Adele and I bought a house in Burley before I went to Iraq and now I am back and teaching high school history here. Hope all is well. I wonder what kind of "male" problem Eric was thinking about? Funny stuff.

Holly said...

Rollin' Colon... I like the sound of that! I miss you guys, but at least I always have the blog! Huzzah for the blog!

Mandie said...

So um, I recall one such comment that chastised me for not posting on my blog regularly. Where are you guys? Having fun I hope!

Amanda said...

Eric and Jenny,
Hey! This is Ryan and Amanda Bishop. I saw your link through Jerry and Mandy's blog and I was excited to get back in touch with you guys (sort of!) I'm excited to see you're doing great! Our blog address is
10thgrandchild.blogspot.com!!

Dani said...

Ha, ha. You guys are adorable. I miss you guys.