Friday, March 28, 2008

Leave the diaper, take the Connoli

We spent last week in St. Louis for Eric's dental school rotation in a clinic. In spite of the rain coming down and the floods coming up, we found a lot to do with Davis - an indoor mall (don't get me started on outdoor malls in intemperate regions) with a play ground, Chuck E. Cheese's, and the awesome Magic House. The Fitz's decided to fly in from Las Vegas and the Detroit Livingston's minivan-ed it at the end of the week. Davis actually loved being around the cousins which is a total 180 from Thanksgiving, but he would still give them a little love push in the head every once in a while. It snowed on Easter, but stopped long enough to have an egg hunt in the front yard. Davis didn't care about the eggs or candy - he just kept running back and forth like a liberated cage monkey. We loved having the whole schlemiel together since we know it won't be easy, but wonderful, with twin-mania on the way!

I had to join the witness protection program after taking a picture of an unruly Miami mob boss, but it was totally worth it. This studly suit made him climbing over/under pews at church completely acceptable (except with his mother).

9 comments:

Mary said...

that suit is CUTE!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I'm glad Davis enjoyed the cousins! I bet you were thrilled

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

That is the cutest little boy and the cutest suit ever! And yes, climbing the pews was charming when duly attired. I have never seen a kid run so fast at an Easter egg hunt and not get one single egg. It was hilarious! How will we stand it until the next time we are together?

Heistermanfamily said...

Jenny, he looks like a little man! He is so handsome. I can't waite to see him. Love you all and give him a great big smooch from all of us here in Utah!!!

Heistermanfamily said...

Oh, I also can't waite to see you guys too! :)

emily and adrian said...

Skater is a GREAT idea!!!!!
But he won't be as good looking as Davis in that Easter Sunday suit! Oh my goooodnessss!
I am with you on the outdoor mall issue. As much as I like to support where Adrian's shop is, I can't tell you how manmy times I've said a bad word while walking to the dang fruit in the blistering wind, ice, snow, rain, and occasional tornado.

Unknown said...

I had a dream about Davis and his suit last night...put it in the hand me down box for me for sure :)
And...I am sooo sorry about the blabbering gma blog...consider yourself officially told :)

Sean and Jeannette said...

LOOOOOOVE the "Godfather" quote! :) He looks so charming!!

Kea said...

Cute suit for the baby! Hey Jenny...I forgot to tell you that Ruth Ahuna told me you guys are in the same ward? Ha...small world. Luv, Kea