Sunday, August 29, 2010

One for the Grands

Who stole my baby?

He really wanted to wear this to school on a non-Halloween day. He negotiated the arm warmers and the monkey backpack (under his regular backpack), I got the horns, boots, and air pump. Can't ride the viking ship to class, either... gotta draw the line somewhere!


Davis said the family prayer tonight. He definitely has the intonation and the spirit of prayer, but all we understand is "Josie," "Jesus," "church,""school," and "amen."His speech has improved tons and we thought we would all say a prayer to encourage him. When it was Daddy's turn, Davis came over to Eric's ear and repeated everything Eric said in a very close, loud whisper. When it was my turn, Davis came over, lifted my hair from the side of my face, and commenced whispering a very sweet but unintelligible prayer into my ear. It tickled like crazy. And Eric's silent, torso-bouncing laugh didn't help either.

7 comments:

CL/Dad said...

What is this? A blog update!! Wow! How exciting. This is like receiving a treat and it is not even Halloween or any other holiday of which I am aware. Our prayers join with yours. Love and hugs to everybody.

Unknown said...

can you please follow me around and narrate my life for me? I need a few more laughs around here...

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Oh that sweet baby girl! Eric will have to keep a baseball bat by the front door when she is older! What a beauty.
Mr. D.... What pure joy he is. So glad I have an upcoming appointment with my dentist!

Miranda said...

Oh.My.Gosh. I'm not even kidding, when I first starting reading this post, I was thinking "Wow, who are these kids on Jenny's blog?". I am the worst friend EVER! Hahaha.. I want to know where your baby girl went too?!?! Your kids are adorable and I've now decided that I need to make a trip to see them because what kind of Aunt am I when I don't even recognize my babies? Seriously.

Bailey Family said...

Let the boy be a boy. If he wants to take the viking boat to school...let him!

Josie is a saucy little lady. You better watch out.

McAtee Family said...

Oh man - I miss that little guy!!

For the record, I would have let him wear the whole outfit to school just cause he is so cute!

Baby Ruth said...

Um, I second the McAtees. Let the little man pimp it! :)

How we miss you and your family. You guys are awesome. Thanks for the grand update and pictures!