Sunday, March 13, 2011

It's Day-light Savings, Fool

We've been hibernating, just like everyone else, waiting for the winter to let up. Only when my kids are stuck inside they don't like when I'm at the computer to put pictures up for the grandmas...or on the phone, or sleeping, or eating, or showering, or reading, or standing in a quiet place. But that's not the point. I've got pictures of the cute little demanding folk. And we finally got outside! We went to Snake Saturday (of course you knew about this when I've never heard of it...) and went on rides and watched the parade. But Josie refused to listen to it. I don't blame her, paraders are not known for being without air horns.

But Davis loved it. He'd wave to anyone, especially the firetruck engineers, motorcyclists, marching bands, and people on stilts. But not the high-stepping troops, of which there had to be at least a dozen. I didn't know it was so popular. But then again I haven't been/paid attention to a parade since I was a girl scout and actually marched. The best part was the families who would look like they just wondered into the street and decided to walk with the parade route, proud with their kilts and double stroller...You thought I was going to say the Renaissance Festival people didn't you? Well, you'd be right! In the beginning there was the royalty all fancied up, even had a stout man pulling two brimming costumed higher-ups in a hand cart. He must have lost a bet. But then there were the court jesters and the entertainment crowd. Very artsy with tightly worn tights and super over-dyed hair. I wish I took pictures. But there was no time. Next came the belly dancers, male and female. For some, the belly danced whether under their control or not. And all very in character. I wonder what they think of us in this alternate universe they are stuck in, this Modern Day. 'Cause I sure think they are hilarious.
Josie's favorite indoor and outdoor apparel, her princess coat. I hope we don't have to keep winter clothes out much longer, they take up too much space. And strapping her into a car seat twice a day is like fighting a pillow with a mongoose stuck inside - a rabies hazard.
The outfits this girl wants to wear... it's princess colors or tears. I don't like either one, so it depends on if I want to look like the mom who lets her free spirits get dressed at the Renaissance Festival. Sure, what else would give the good people a laugh at the grocery store!?!

When the boy wears clothes, there's less of a chance of yellow snow. And he's cha-a-arm-ing! Did I mention this big 4.5 year old no longer has to buy his own diapers? It was cutting into his cookie budget and he decided to just use the toilet from now on. And occasionally his pants, but only if he wanted to take them off anyway, so that's okay...

4 comments:

CL/Dad said...

Wow! What is this? A new post, with picture! Thank you, thank you. The sun glasses and beads on Josie look more like Mardi Gras than Snake Saturday, whatever that is. Anyway, glad you got out. And can you believe it? Now it is snowing here again.

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

There's my pretty pwincess! What a doll! And I am very proud of my grownup boy, sitting and watching a parade. The parents are looking mighty fine, too. Thanks for the fun blog post!

McAtee Family said...

What the heck??? You are making me look bad cause you are the only person who blogs less than me and now you have gone and done a new post. BUT - I am glad you did. I am loving how grown-up your little man is looking and Josie could not be any cuter....if she ever needs a princess outing, I have all of the required princess colored clothes complete with ruffles, sparkles and glittery things. We even do make-up on a weekly basis at this house...Sophie can never be to princess like in her mind.

Miss you guys and that is pathetic seeming as how we live 15 min. away!!

The Wehrmeister's said...

My heart be still.

Okay no more picking on you or you may never post again. (Although I was starting to believe that you would never post again.)

Cute kids, cute you, cute post. Just like I remember.