Friday, March 14, 2008

Our little Tiger and Rat are getting older

This week our niece Kaytlin and nephew Trenten turned 10 & 12 and life is moving too fast. I just hope they don't rush into adolescence and forget who's the boss of them. They are way to precious to miss out on any kidhood - car payments and taxes stink! But they get to go to Disneyland next week and I don't think they'll be doing any growing up on Mickey's watch...

I feel like it's a holiday today 'cause I found out Amtrak goes to Chicago in style (wink, wink Jeannette). Here are some other things I've been excited about (watch out, I'm going to start sounding like an infomercial).
Neti pots - a less attractive thing you can do right in the comfort of your own bathroom... I call it going #3. It's like a nice drowning sensation, but makes you feel like you have extra room in your head to grow brain matter. My sinuses actually thanked me for using it. It was supposedly on Oprah, so it has to be galactically awesome.
Costco.com.tradein/recycleyourjunkthatyouletyourtoddlerplaywithcausetheywanttoplaywiththeexpensivestuff - if you're a member of Costco (or know one), you can figure out if you qualify to trade in old electronics for Costco-bucks (like a Schrute-buck, but GREEN) or just recycle it for free. Stumbled on it while looking for more electronic junk to collect.
Unbreaded chicken nuggets - this one also brought to us by Costco. Davis is a fan, which means I am as well - even if it does look like the creepy skin on a vulture's head.
New outdoor lighting - we have the same lights that the builder installed and, no offense, but I'm sure they weren't pretty when the were new 17 years ago either. We get to do some home improvement over Spring Break, which is what those college kids going to Florida really had in mind. Maybe we'll even be able to barbecue... something CRAZY!
Spending a week out of this beautiful mess - we are all going to St. Louis next week for Eric's rural rotation and get to see Eric's parents, Amy & Ryan, Kevin & Emma & kids, and four walls other than our own. If only it were in a warmer part of the world... I don't think we'd come back.(okay it's not that bad, but give us some hope, local weatherman)

6 comments:

Mary said...

How can I convince you to shop at Sam's club instead? :)

Unknown said...

you can always come here where it's warm! I am sooo excited to come and see you and I think we should go to Costco. :)

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I want a Neti-pott thing too! I totally need more room in my head for more brains as I seem to have lost some somewhere....maybe Davis will find them when he tears my house apart. I am busy putting everything away so he will have something to do.....
Can't wait!

Heistermanfamily said...

Where on the face of this big earth did you find a netty pot? I have been looking for one since I saw it on Oprah! It's seems like because it was on Oprah that every where is sold out! I need and want one.... Give me some hope and tell me where you got it!

aLi said...

I wanted one of those Neti pots 2 weeks ago! I tried a different method... we won't go there, it was like an actual drowning.
Sounds like you and Costco are getting to know each other!

Aby Runyan said...

Love your blog Jenny! I just got a link to one of the families in "the townhomes" and have been finding everybody else. Even though you escaped the townhomes I still found you. So much fun!
You can check out our blog at:
runyanfam.blogspot.com

luvs, aby runyan