Monday, March 3, 2008

At Costco

Shopping for Eric's glasses:

Eric - (trying on rectangular glasses) What do ya think?
Jenny - Not bad.
Eric - (putting on some ovaly frames) What about these?
Jenny - Not quite right for your face.
Eric - (trying on a ovaly-rectangular pair) How do they all compare?
Jenny - (looking over, trying on glasses as well) Umm... those seem narrower, like they're not wide enough for your head. Are you trying glasses from the kid section?
Eric - (looking confused at me through ovaly-rectangular glasses) These are my glasses - that I've had for the last 4 years...

To be fair, I didn't have my glasses on.

And now it's a miracle. I can wear contacts again. I've always thought that I just had dry eyes and I had to endure discomfort or use glasses. The eye-guy told me that the contacts were over-rotating all this time, whatever that means. But boom! goes the dynamite and I can see without having a blink fest every time. It was very necessary since Davis bent my frames to the point they fall off in my spaghetti when I look down.

8 comments:

Mary said...

For some reason, I feel like that story could have been about Matt and I ... thanks for the laugh!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I don't really have anything to say, because I am too busy laughing.

StephanieB said...

Give Eric a high five from me, and don't worry, I would have probably said the same thing you did :). Thanks for blogging, I missed you! I'll give you a call tomorrow, Sara and I were wondering if you want in on a girls night to go see Mike Birbiglia at Zona Rosa...say yes, say yes :)!! Oh, and remind me to tell me about my pt who kept screaming "I love pickles!!" :).

Roberto said...

Will you still be able to go to 'blink fest'?

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

Thanks for a good laugh today! Glad to hear about the contacs.Anything that is Davis proof has got to be good. Speaking of which, what an arm on that kid and what a cute haircut. I am counting the days....

Heistermanfamily said...

Jenny this made me LOL! You and Eric have some of the funniest conversations. Keep it up, because I can always use a good laugh! Love ya tons!!!

Sean and Jeannette said...

Hooray for contacts! i remember when I had a paper route, I use to have to collect money every Friday. So, I'd ring the doorbell, ask for $2.10 and as they were getting the money, my glasses would fog up from the heat gushing out of their house. Oh, happy days. Gotta love the awkward years which for me, lasted from 8 yrs. old to 20 years old.

aLi said...

You guys are a hoot.
I couldn't help but blink back the tears because I struggle with wearing contacts. My eye-guy said if you're pregnant or nursing your eyes can be a bit drier. Hmm. I guess the glasses will have to stay on for a while longer. Or pass the restasis.