Tuesday, January 1, 2008

2008

'Member how when New Year's Eve hit for the year 2000 everyone thought the world was going to explode or at least the machines would turn on us? 'Member? Well, it is the year 2008 and the machines in this household are just dying... Our portable DVD player broke on our plane trip back from Salt Lake (if you've never felt fear, take a 14 month-old on a plane with a bunch of strangers and expect the worst). Then our TV decided to sensor everything on the bottom third of the screen and one of Davis' toys won't stop revving its engine. Last, our wireless Internet is only working wired. I feel like we have regressed to near dial-up status and are living out a really mild version of Maximum Overdrive.

So, now that I have shared how spoiled we are, I'm going to go enjoy the New Year the old fashioned way and go to bed. I hope our robo-maid has turned down the bed...

1 comments:

MJ/Mom/GrammaJ said...

I feel your pain. I just turned on my newly charged palm pilot in hopes of getting it to work and the screen flashed on with the directions....for a total of 2 seconds. It is dead. I may need a late Christmas present. Or go back to my old calendar system. Or Franklin planner? That sounds archaic and too much work!
And I have 2 printers...neither is working. The electronic elves are hard at work.