Wednesday, January 30, 2008

One of seven...million...

Write 7 random things , "tag" seven people, blah, blah, blah...put links to their blog, and make a comment on said blog letting them know they're fair game on the playground.

  • I think gymnasts should stop wearing scrunchies. Eric wonders why magicians need to look creepy weird.
  • I cringe when someone says their going "down" to somewhere when it's really east or their going "up there" when it's south geographically. Eric elbows me every time someone mixes up, "I could care less..." because he, apparently, "couldn't care less."
  • I used to be fascinated by old prisons. It started with a field trip to the old Idaho State Penitentiary. I finally made it to the Mecca, Alcatraz, and I was like Augustus Gloop let loose in the Chocolate Factory. I left my family in the dust when we got there and they were worried about me being lost. But what they should have been worried about was me being that into prisons at age 10. I even got a shirt that said "Alcatraz Penitentiary: Swim Team" and wore it with pride. Eric loves Shark Week on Discovery Channel and he thinks orcas are awesome.
  • I could sleep 12 hours every night. Eric knows every episode of Saved by the Bell.
  • I went to a Boyz II Men concert when I was 13 and thought I was pretty tough. That was in my baggy jeans and oversized T-shirt/flannel phase. Kinda looked like Kurt Cobain but my hair was longer. In 9th grade, Eric had Hugh Grant hair (Notting Hill style - flowing locks, almost a bowl cut...).
  • I was almost an art historian. I dream about living in Greece for a month just to take in the history, the food, the Windex-loving culture... Eric would love to be a radio sports talk show host - any sport, any level.
  • We have been known to take conversations about Harry Potter to depths that no literate pre-teen has...

5 comments:

StephanieB said...

Once again I am glad I stayed up to check out your blog...your entries are much better than sleep (you know I mean that as a compliment!). I just had to say that the hair scrunchies obviously aren't working for the gymnasts because they have to wear 10 million metal clippies to hold the little hairs back :).

Kristy said...

Hi Jen! I didn't know you had a blog! it rocks by the way. I loved your 7 random things - I especially loved that you put Eric into it. My favorite was your Art- History - maybe because we share a comminality there! Yes saved by the bell was the best!!!! I miss those days!

The Wehrmeister's said...

I know you did this just so I would stop with the harassing phonecalls, emails and burning bags on your doorstep. I was just about to plot my next move.

Favorite

Mary said...

Game on!

Sean and Jeannette said...

And about those gymnasts, can anyone please explain why, oh why they always have to have a ginormous wedgie????